CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

married with children

Okay, so those of you who have kids may find this humorous (and thankful) and those of you without may find it insightful...
Michael is on an CLC overnight, so I get the boys in bed by 8 and my lights are off at 8:45! A good night's sleep ahead! What was I thinking? I was awoken at 12:40 by sweet Jacob crying (said he wanted Elmo). Then I walked out, crying some more (wanted Bob the Builder), then again (wanting Tigger). I was in and out of his room from about 12:40 to 1:30, then I decided something was seriously not right. So, I got him out of bed and rocked him a little to settle him down. I asked him if something was hurting- He told me his ear hurt. I gave him some Motrin, but since it was 1:30am at this point, I obviously wasn't thinking clearly to remember that Jacob has a weak stomach. So about 30 minutes later, he's still not sleeping, so I bring him into my room where he throws up all over the bed, his pillow, his pajamas. So at 2am, Jacob is walking around the house (diaper only becuase we're out of clean pajamas) and I'm doing a load of laundry. Luke manages to stay asleep - thank goodness! Finally Jacob is back to sleep around 2:30. I get back to sleep around 3am sleeping on my quilt with a blanket becuase the linens are dirty... thinking about how optimistic I was about a really good night's sleep and then I remember that I am so thankful to have been holding my sweet boy.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yikes...it's always the night that the husband is away.

The Elliott's Adventures said...

ok..mostly i want to discuss how you got in the bed at 8:45. whoa!

Purifoy Family said...

I was focused Angie!