CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sam has graduated to a crib in the NICU. That means that he can breathe well on his own and also regulate his body temperature well.  He still has his feeding tube. The nurse told me that sometimes their ability to suck, swallow & breathe simultaneously can happen overnight. He has taken a bottle a little bit and has shown signs of wanting to suck, but at the moment it takes more effort than it should and therefore is too much energy for him to expend on eating right now. It sounds like they will give me a couple days notice when they think he will be ready to come home. Once he starts taking a bottle, they will keep him a day or two to make sure he is good to go. I am trying to fit in all that I can... errands, haircut, a few last minute shopping trips, etc before he comes home. We joke that we are in the calm before the storm. I am feeling much better physically and am able to do a little bit, but I know my time will be more limited once he arrives home. But, oh, we can't wait!!  From the first times we really began praying for another child until now has been about 3 years, so we are ready to finally be a family of 5!! Thank you for being a part of this journey with us.

0 comments: