CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 2, 2012

progress

Yesterday we grabbed donuts at Krispy Kreme so conveniently located next to Baptist and headed on over to hang with Sam for a little while. I wanted to just sit with him and I'm so glad I did!  The neonatalogist stopped in to check on him. She ordered his oxygen tube to come out and the jaundice lights to be removed!!  He also needed a diaper change, so I was able to do it for the first time!  After the boys finished their donuts in the waiting room, they came in for a visit too. They don't like us holding and talking to him too much because rest is still vital for his development, but while he was being checked we were able to talk to him. For the first time we saw him open his eyes... He opened them when he heard our voices. It captured my heart and I was on cloud 9 all day! 
Another big milestone was that he took a little bit of milk from a bottle... not a full feeding, but he is progressing. Our little guy is fighting to get stronger. The doctor said he wouldn't come home before 34 weeks (Saturday, Sept 8), so that is what we are praying for. Here is a picture from today...



We can't really tell who he looks like. He doesn't seem to look like Jacob or Luke to us. I do think he has some good lips though :) As far as the surgery goes, I'm healing well. I'm getting good rest to get ready for the little man to come home!

2 comments:

Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

He looks like you:)

Unknown said...

I so appreciate the updates....... and more importantly the progress that Sam is making. Thoughts and prayers for Sept. 8!