CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm home

I was discharged on Thursday afternoon. I had been in the hospital for 7 weeks and 1 day and was so ready to be home with Michael and the big boys. I didn't anticipate how hard it would be for me to leave Sam in the NICU. He is so well cared for there and progressing as they would expect, but the reality of him not being with us is SO incredibly hard for me. I went again to visit him today and it wasn't any easier to leave. I am praying he will be home in a week.  The nurses said it is possible he could be be taken off the breathing tube on Saturday. For being premmature, he has done very well with that since his first hours of birth. As I was leaving Thursday, the nurse asked if I wanted to hold him... tubes & all and of course, I couldn't contain the tears. I wasn't expecting it and it was so special. I haven't seen him yet with his eyes open. He has been so sleepy which is what they want because it is so important in his development. After all, he is supposed to be sleeping in my tummy!  He did develop jaundice so he is under lights. When he was first born, he was eating 5cc of milk. He has a feeding tube in his mouth that goes directly to his tummy for him to digest. As of today, he was taking 25cc of milk. I'd say that is some serious progress!!  Here are some recent pictures...



1 comments:

Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

Oh my goodness! That 2nd picture is so sweet! I can't wait to see his eyes:)