CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2012

My contractions continue to pick up a little bit, but they are being controlled with oral medicine, rest & lots of water. It is normal for contractions to increase at this time in any pregnancy, but they put a strain on my weak spot for me. Right now, everything is still holding together. The doctors & ultrasound technicians have all told me this week, that are thrilled that I've made it this far & maybe even a little surprised. My OB is not picking a planned date to deliver the baby, but the longest should be around 34-35 weeks which is only a couple weeks away. This is mainly because my uterus will grown even more significantly at that point & my contractions will continue to increase & intensify. Taking the baby then will decrease the chances of an emergency situation. The baby will get weighed again next Friday, but should be around 4.5 lbs. If we make it to 34/35 weeks, there is a chance he will not be in the NICU & would be able to go him with us. Now, that would be a miracle! There are three things that have to happen for him to be able to go home... 1) He can breathe well on his own, 2) he can hold his body temp & 3) he can eat without a feeding tube. Babies ability to suck, swallow & breathe simultaneously develops around the 34 week mark. Even if he were born sooner, there is a good chance he will not have to stay long at Baptist. We are looking forward to hs arrival!

My big boys seem to be doing well. Michael is still running the household very well and Jacob has started 1st grade! The routine was something he needed & is loving his new class. Luke starts his last year of preschool Monday. They now call Baptist "my (mommy's) hospital"

0 comments: