CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 27

I didn't feel well on Monday. I was more lethargic, lost my appetite & felt like my belly was about to pop. I laid down most of the afternoon and a nurse came to check on me about 615 before her shift was over. She recommended we monitor my contractions as precaution & they picked up a little more. They called dr. Kang and she ordered an IV for me to get fluids. Before they got that going & only within minutes, my contractions were coming more frequently. Shortly after that, there were about 6 doctors & nurses in my room. They said call Michael cause you're having the baby! Well michael was bathing the boys and didnt hear the phone until after 7 attempts to call him & they relinquished my phone. Michael rushed to the hospital and was jogging down the hallway to get to the OR and made it just in time. I was very nervous about the surgery, but excited that we knew our son was healthy enough to be born & that most of the unknowns would finally be known!  We decided to do general anesthesia which was a better option in case I needed a blood transfusion or a hysterectomy. Although my uterus was in bad shape, neither was needed and Samuel Henry was born at 8:26 pm without a glitch weighing in at an even 5 lbs! He is doing quite well in the NICU, but will probably need another week or two before he can be home with us. I am doing well too... Just the normal pain from recovering from a surgery, but each day is significantly better. It looks like Michael & I will come home late afternoon on Thursday. 



 
After some debate on his name, we agreed on Samuel a few months ago and once we looked it up in the Bible, we knew this had to be his name. 

1 Samuel 1:20 "So in the course of time Hannah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel,[a] saying, “Because I asked the Lord for him.”
27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.”


Our hearts have truly been on a journey with much prayer in getting this little guy here. We are overwhelmed with thankfulness that we are now a family of 5 and appreacite all those who prayed and supported us with encouragement, food and childcare. We would have not made it through (with as much sanity) without you! 

3 comments:

Corrie, Joe, & Macie said...

I love the pic of all 3 boys! Praising God for a healthy boy & Momma.

Unknown said...

Lindsey, I am so excited that Samuel is here and healthy (and you, too)! He looks awesome. Congrats! Hugs & kisses to all of the Purifoys-
Glenda & Larry Brewster

Greg and Nicolle said...

Love this... so happy you are both healthy- congratulations!!!