CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 20, 2012

1 day = 3 days

I've been at Baptist 10 days. I learned yesterday that every day baby boy stays in my tummy, it's 3 less days in the NICU. So far, we're 30 down :0 I had an ultrasound this morning and he is weighing in at about 2lbs 6 oz. He continues to look healthy. One doctor talked to me about magnesium and how if given even a dose of 30 minutes, can decrease a pre-term baby's risk of cerebal palsey by 50%. I don't think it is likely that he would be born with that at this point, but it is a slight risk and something we are praying for. I told the doctor I love to understand all the information and he's been great with giving me as much info as he can. He also said there are a couple things they would do if we see that delivery is impending like a booster shot of lung steroid and the magnesium). I asked him how we would know if delivery was impending and he gave me a couple potential indicators... nothing is routine or concrete with this type of situation. So, I'm also praying that there would be indicators if needed. It's difficult for me to swallow that this baby could be born any day or could be born in 7 weeks. And of course, I have plenty of time to think about it :)  I am occupying my time fairly well though with visiors and knitting!!


This is a picture of little guy sucking his thumb and the tiny hat I made him at 4am yesterday to keep him warm in the NICU

Some of my favorite visitors!


0 comments: