CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 13, 2012


I had an ultrasound this morning. The doctor's goal was to see how healthy the baby was... called the biophysical profile. Main thing was to see his heart and if the diaphragm was beginning to work to show that he has potential to breathe on his own... and it was!!  Another thing that it indicates is that he has enough energy to physically do it. The ultrasound technian said that sometimes you can't see this in an ultrasound until past 30 weeks. I'm at 26, so that is very good news!!  Everyone that has monitored me has said that the baby looks "great."  They didn't try to get a measurement on my scar because they know it is thin and becuase of baby's position, it is not likely to get an accurate reading anyway.  So, in an ultrasound now they are just looking to make sure everything is in tact and that nothing is coming through the scar. I was so glad to have the ultrasound completed and recieve positive news before the weekend! 

The first picture is his face profile with mouth open. She said she could see his tongue too, but I can't tell.
The other is his hand. He literally waves to us almost every ultrasound and we love it!

3 comments:

JB said...

Lindsey, corrie filled me in our your hospital stay. I will praying for all of you. Take care!

Julie Beth

Kate Kehne said...

Lindsey, I randomly entered your blog in my Google Reader years ago somehow and you probably can't even remember me from knoxville YL. But just had to say, I will be praying for you and the baby. Our first little girl was born at 30 weeks from preeclampsia, but I pray you get far! I know a taste if where you are. If there is anything you need, I would love to offer advice. Hope you and your 4 boys can rest and be healthy. God can move mountains. Peace to you.

Lorei Family said...

Lindsey I just read through your posts and wanted to let you know you are in my prayers. Hang in there!