CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

And that, my friends, is why I'm here!

I woke up at 3:15am today with cramping, It wasn't intense, but it was kept me up so I decided after a few minutes to call the nurse. I was having at times 3 contractions per 10 minutes (probably more like braxton hicks), but with my situation any of them that are consistent, are not my friend. They told me that if they didnt calm, then they would deliver the baby today. They gave me procardia & a bag of fluids which calmed the activity down. I've seen the doctor today who said I would continue with procadia as precaution for a little while. It could have been a side effect of magnesium yesterday, mild dehydration or beginning or pre-term labor. Good news is that I am not having contractions now.
I'm not sure how I would have handled the situation if I'd been home, so I was thankful to have immediate access to nurses & doctors!

0 comments: