CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 12, 2012

So here I am... July 11 (about 25/26 weeks). Baby boy's head is head down and right up to my scar on the inside of my uterus and my bladder is right up against it on the outside. They were not able to measure the thinning of my scar as in the past which has been the goal of every ultrasound. My high risk dr was at another office and I had a new ultrasound tech, so I was already a little on edge since I wasn't seeing "my regulars." The intern sends my images to the doctor & Michael and I wait. The practitioner walks in & says I need to be admitted to Baptist. No stopping at home. I lose it. I'm thinking "can't I just stop at home and get my things? Can't I just wait another hour so I can see my kids after VBS?" I was expecting this ultimately, just not so abruptly. I'm also afraid this means baby s coming much sooner than we thought. Michael is awesome... Totally with me every step of the way. I am admitted and my nurse Melissa is awesome! I've seen both high risk and regular OB today and they tell me it is still the goal to get me to 34 weeks. I'm thankful and relieved that it's even a remote possibility. The thought of being in the hospital for 8 weeks is overwhelming. But we want baby boy to get as strong as he can. I got a steroid shot to help his lungs develop a little more quickly. he is already around 2+ pounds and at 25/26 weeks, that is big. I don't typically have big babies so there is only one explanation for that... God! I can definitely say I haven't understood what He is up to, but not once have I doubted that He has been & will continue to be with me every step of the way! After being in bed a couple hours, my back was already hurting. This may be a long visit. I can get up for 1-2 hours at a time, then lay for 2 so that is nice & similar to what I was doing at home the last couple weeks. Just my scenery has changed. To a parking lot to be exact. My room is nice though. I do have dvd & 19" tv! The boys think my hospital "hotel" is awesome because my bed has a speaker on it and moves up & down. They will get to watch movies here with me, so they think that is the greatest. There are other "long timers" here at baptist as they have named my kind. All here for different reasons, but here until the baby comes. I, of course ask, if we can meet & hang out in the halls :) & they say some do. The nurse offered her iPad because my laptop isnt connecting. I've been up almost every hour going to the bathroom. They tell me the more I drink water and the more empty my bladder is, the less contractions I'll have (which ultimately can be a strain on my scar). They say they will leave me alone for the night unless I need them, but I've been up since 3am. I will get ultrasounds 2 times a week and unless im having pain or my scar pulls apart, then baby will stay put. Ive been told my next ultrasound is likely on Friday. I will probably post daily if you want to come to the site for updates. I appreciate you!

4 comments:

Greg and Nicolle said...

Thinking of you, Lindsey... you'll be in my prayers!
Love,
Nicolle

DianneM said...

I am praying for you guys. Let me know if you have any movie requests!

The Merrill Family said...

Sending prayers your way. I am in GA picking the boys up from camp. I will come visit you next week. Can't wait to check out your new high rise!

Claire said...

Hi Lindsey! I am just now reading this and learning of the details. Praying for you all!